Ozscot Workshop Memories.....


OZSCOT WORKSHOP BATHURST - AUSTRALIA DAY LONG WEEKEND
In class a few weeks ago I got the dancers to write in their journals their memories of the workshop in January. I thought it would be a good idea to focus on what they could remember - a few months down the track.


Ceilidh wasn't in the class, so I just copied verbatium from her dance journal when the event actually occurred as I feel she has put some interesting points down..


Enjoy!!!


Cailin - 9 years
I enjoyed having Grant Davis come and speak to us
I enjoyed doing the choreography with Natasha
I enjoyed the food
I enjoyed meeting new friends
I enjoyed having the lessons
I enjoyed the learning
I enjoyed the accomodation
I enjoyed the great teachers!
I enjoyed the YES YES YES!!!


Greer - 8 years
I learnt alot from Ozscot. It was a great excerience for all of us.
I loved the choreography that I got to do with Lisa.
Grant Davis was a good inspiration too.



Ceilidh 8 years - copied out from her Dance Journal

First we had Mr Grant. I enjoyed it so much, it was gr8! We all got given Mr Grant's book. I got the first book and Mummy got the 2nd book and Mr Grant wrote in them. I learnt a good thing from him 'When I work my hardest in class it doesn't matter what the judge says, I'm still a winner'. And I learnt that 'eye contact is everything' and what a 'power move' is - YES YES YES!!!
Then we had other classes, but I didnt write them in my journal that day. We did do our choreography with Lisa Turner.

On Day Two we had Natasha Millwood for warm up. We didn't use music that day but did nots of stretch and strengthening exercises.
Then we did Lilt and Flora with Amy Roach and she focussed on me staying on the ball of my foot and my half point.
We had Mrs Roach for Barracks and we got to learn EVERY STEP of the Barracks, we also did Laddie.
Then we had Miss Grant from Scotland for the Fling and Swords. She used to dance with Mummy. Greer and I had to stop and do things slowly, especially the Toe and Heel. She picked up my foot and put it in the right position. She got us to do backward froggy too.
Then we had Mrs Clarke from NZ for the Seann Triubhas. We did a little concert. I did my open pdb step but I made a little mistake but she said 'here's my version' and told me the right way.
We then went to the swimming pool. We all chased Mummy in the pool. And it was so fun! After that we had massage with Jayde and I asked Ashleigh if she could push really hard. Then we got to watch Hairspray in the big room! Then we went to bed!

On Day 3 we had Miss Grant first to do the Cheer Dance. That was fun!! We then had highland technique with Amy and Lisa. Then we practised the choreography with Lisa

Finally we showed the parents our dances and that was the end of the workshop. I was so sad that it was all over but hopefully I can go back again next year.

Ashley 12 years
The Ozscot workshop was great. We learnt alot of steps and technique to improve our dances. Also the teachers were awesome. Each teacher picked up on our different things and gave different opinions. I am really looking forward to next years workshop it is a really great experience to be a part of workshops and learn from lots of different teachers and to learn new steps!

Comments

Vanessa x said…
Juz....

Hoooooooow do you do so much lmao. I get tired reading about all the dancing ~ if I was involved in organising it (or taking part AS IF!!!!), I would be a wreck :)

I'm in the process of trying to find somewhere for Kara to get back into dance....it's so hard here though, as so many schools only have 5-6 year olds on Saturday mornings and I don't have her every alternate one... so bloody frustrating. Kara is very keen on going to vocal school ~ that's what we're looking into now!!

xxx

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

Kirstin's BBM Scholarship Report

St Andrews Day Christmas Party