Concert Coming Up.... 15th JUne

The New South Wales Committee of Highland Dancing will be holding their annual fundraising concert on Sunday 15th June at St Marys Band Club, St Marys, Sydney.

This is a really wonderful day. Studios from all over NSW and ACT participate in this event. They do studio items as well as massed traditional dances (like the Fling and Swords)

The kids really enjoy it. My dancers have a wonderful time and I love choreographing for the event.

I always have a dance that has the "Banksie Babes" in it. Last year we had Darcy and Noah as our two littliest babes - Noah was still only 1 and Dee was 2. It was very very very cute! The audience just LOVE seeing the tiny ones up there on the stage!!!

This year I am doing a dance that is inspired by a childrens book by Pamela Allen called 'If I had a Pirate Suit'. The entire studio will be involved in this dance.

Added to that, my more senior dancers will do a broadswords.

So - if you're not busy and would like a wonderful afternoons entertainment - come along!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

Kirstin's BBM Scholarship Report

St Andrews Day Christmas Party