DANCING NEWS JUNE 2007

End of term

This Saturday will be the last lesson of the term. I hope everyone enjoys their break. I am off to New Zealand to judge a highland competition in the middle weekend, so I am very excited about that. See you all on Monday 16th July for the beginning of Term 3.


Fees

Anyone who hasn’t finalised term 2 fees, please fix me up asap.


Concert

Wow – you were all so wonderful in the concert!! I was very proud of you all, and I know that your family and friends must have been too! You ROCKED!!! I can’t wait for the dvd to come out!!! I want to sit there and watch the dances without having to hold my breath (like I was doing at the concert!!)

You all looked so beautiful – WELL DONE!!!!


Choreography

Over Term 3 I will be starting some solo choreography for all the dancers. At the September SDA competition on the 30th September there will be a solo choro competition – with a difference. For example, all the dancers in the 7 & U will dance to the same set tune. It will be great to see what different dancers/studios come up with. The ages groups are 7 & U, 10 & U, 13 & U, 17 & U and 18&0. I am really excited about this because it will be lots and lots of fun, plus you get to do something extra at a comp, not just the boring old Flings!!!

The outfits for the choreography are up to you and your parents! Just check it with me too please, but you can chose what you would like to wear. So maybe you might just want to wear your kilt or lilt. Or maybe your ‘knees up’ outfit, or something else tartan you may have in your cupboard.


Holiday Classes

I will be holding 2 holiday classes - $10 each class

TUESDAY 3rd JULY 9 – 10.30am

WEDNESDAY 11th JULY 7 – 8.30pm

Anyone welcome to attend!


Competitions

Congratulations to all the dancers who have competed recently. Remember that as long as you try your best at competitions, then that is what you should be proud of. If you gain a prize then that is just a bonus. It is the judge’s decision on the day, and their idea of whom the best is may vary from someone else. I am proud and happy as long as you WORK YOUR BEST on the day and HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!


Chocolate Money

Those who took boxes of chocolates for NSW State Committee, could you please return the money as soon as possible, so I can get it into them.


Gosford Competition

Please let me know if you are attending Gosford Competition. I’m just trying to work out what choreography items we might be able to enter, depending on who is going.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS

Kirstin's BBM Scholarship Report

St Andrews Day Christmas Party